What is an IBAN?
• The International Bank Account Number (IBAN) is the international standard for identifying international bank accounts across national borders and is comprised of 34 characters.
What are the features of using an IBAN?
• Faster international fund transfers
• Reducing fund transfer errors
• Easier fund transfers using the bank’s e-channels (ATM, Phone Banking, Mobile Banking, etc.)
Do I need the IBAN for the beneficiary when I request to transfer funds from my account to the beneficiary’s account in another bank inside the Kingdom?
Do I need the IBAN for the beneficiary when I request to transfer funds from my account to the beneficiary’s account in another bank outside the Kingdom?
• Yes, while noting the beneficiary’s bank is located in a country that applies IBAN; otherwise, the request will be rejected.
Do I need to provide the sender with my IBAN to execute transfer to my account in any bank operating in the Kingdom?
Is the IBAN required for credit card payments?
Important information about the IBAN
• IBAN is not a new account number
• The numbers of your existing accounts will not change
• IBAN contains alphabetical and extra numbers beside your account number to be a unique number internationally
How can I get my account IBAN?
• Visit any of our branches
• Contact our online service center on 065007700
Receiving Fund Transfers
When expecting a fund transfer to your account, whether from inside the Kingdom or abroad, you shall always provide the sender with your IBAN.
Sending Fund Transfers
• To send fund transfers from your account, you shall request the beneficiary’s IBAN.
• In case you are using any electronic payment channel, it is recommended to use IBAN Checker to check the beneficiary’s IBAN when making fund transfers.
We recommend that you use fund transfer orders rather thanchecksfor the following reasons:
• Faster transactions
• Avoid forged checks
International Bank Account Number (IBAN) consists of 30 digits
|Customer’s Account Number||Branch’s Code||Bank’s Code||Validation Code|
The Kingdom’s Code